For a limited time only, Sydney’s Circular Quay will be transformed into an interactive fusion of creativity, splendour and charm, as the Overseas Passenger Terminal Southern Forecourt transforms into a FREE and interactive pop-up artisan precinct inspired by Moulin Rouge! The Musical on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 October 2022.
The pop-up experience will immerse guests in a world of splendour and romance brought to life through a series of activations and décor inspired by the show’s bohemian values of Truth, Beauty, Freedom and Love.
From photo opportunities, a pop-up Moulin Rouge! The Musical inspired café, plus interactive activities, competitions, giveaways and more, all set against the backdrop of Sydney’s glittering harbour, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Minister for Tourism, Ben Franklin, said the pop up is an ideal match for Sydney’s love of world class theatre productions. “Sydney has a long history of hosting incredible theatrical productions that turbocharge the visitor economy and attract visitors from across the country and the world,” he said.
“This spring and summer will be no different, with Sydney theatres rolling out the red carpet for a huge line-up of world-class productions set to take the stage through to 2023. Moulin Rouge! The Musical has been delighting audiences since it opened in May and the pop up gives a taste of this incredible production.”
“With new Moulin Rouge! The Musical tickets on pre-sale from 17 October, this magnificent show will grace the famed stage of Sydney’s Capitol Theatre for a limited season only. Don’t miss out on your chance to enjoy its magic,” said Mr Franklin.
Taking place from 11.00am – 5.00pm daily for strictly a limited time on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 October, the Moulin Rouge! The Musical Pop Up will offer visitors an indulgent experience of glitz and glamour:
- The centrepiece of the precinct will see a 5.5metre wide and 4metre high heart-shaped swing set against an iconic backdrop of Sydney’s Harbour Bridge, in a nod to character Satine’s très magnifique on-stage entrance and the iconic heart portal from Moulin Rouge! The Musical. Lovers, friends, siblings – anyone! – are invited to have their photo captured by a professional photographer to share with friends and family and enter to win a luxe VIP Moulin Rouge! The Musical Sydney experience, including a night at Kimpton Margot Sydney, tickets to see the show, and more. There will also be 10 double-pass runner-up prizes to be won to the show!
- Complimentary, unlimited made-to-order barista coffee, plus raspberry and chocolate croissants at the exclusive pop-up ‘Café L’amour’ while stocks last, brought to you by local operators from The Rocks, Brudos Coffee Bike and Creperie Suzette.
- In the spirit of romance, beauty empire MAC Cosmetics calls guests to apply ‘A Little More Rouge’ – with free 10-minute mini makeovers, mini lipstick giveaways and competitions with major prizes to be won.
- Digital caricature artists will also be on-site, offering free and personalised drawings of guests to take home.
- For budding artists and bohemians, Pinot and Picasso will also be hosting four FREE exclusive one-hour sessions daily, within the pop-up precinct. Participating guests will receive a coffee, croissant and all the tools required to create their own Moulin Rouge! The Musical and Sydney inspired artwork. Bookings essential. To reserve your seat, book Saturday here and Sunday here.
New tickets will be available for pre-sale from Monday 17 October and to the general public on Thursday 20 October for performances until Sunday 1st January 2023 to the Tony award-winning Moulin Rouge! The Musical available at: www.moulinrougemusical.com.
For inspiration on things to see and do in Sydney, visit: www.sydney.com, and share your experiences online tagging @sydney #feelnewsydney.
Image: Artist impression of Moulin Rouge! The Musical Pop-Up Activation taking over the Overseas Passenger Terminal Southern Forecourt on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 October 2022 – courtesy of Event Emporium